Monday, November 30, 2015

Sri Lanka Sex Hotel by The Dead Milkmen (1988)



The Dead Milkmen were one of those bands that I had heard about in high school, but never really heard. I probably just thought that the band was trying to be outrageous with their band name and some of their song titles(see the title of today's song as an example). And I was deep into classic rock at that point. Punk rock didn't have the same gravitas for me.

But as Bob Dylan once said, "I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now". It was only after the passage of time, that I began to appreciate punk and post-punk as all part of the rock n' roll landscape.

That long preamble is my excuse for not discovering the Dead Milkmen's music until only recently. I am just starting my dive into this music now. Here is a great tune(albeit a bit NSFW) from their 1988 release, Beelzebubba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqKdfHvChCI

No comments:

Post a Comment