Sunday, November 8, 2015

21st Century Schizoid Man by King Crimson (1969)



Prog rock is an acquired taste. It took me several attempts to get into prog rock of any sort. I think my transition into starting to enjoy this music began with Rush and some of the proggier aspects of their music. Over the years, I've been able to branch out to listen to other prog rock bands. However, I somehow managed to avoid the grandfather of prog groups, King Crimson. I think that may have been due to their complicated song titles with parts and sections. But that was my problem, not theirs.

So, only recently, after the band being recommended to me for hundredth time, I've started to dig into their catalog. And where better to begin than the beginning. Today's song of the day is the first track off of the first album, In the Court of King Crimson, and it is quite good. This album, along with founder Robert Fripp, also features Greg Lake(later of Emerson, Lake, and Palmer fame). And, it is a great piece of work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs3IgTILFzU

No comments:

Post a Comment