Friday, November 6, 2015

My Dark Hour by The Steve Miller Band (1969)


I know, liking the Steve Miller Band isn't cool. I get it. Throughout college in the late 80's/early 90's, it seemed like Steve Miller's Greatest Hits 1974-1978 followed me around from party to party along with his friend, Back in Black. I think people just burned out on the pop rock stylings of Mr. Miller.

So, after years of avoiding Steve Miller's music, I started collecting albums and became more aware of his catalog prior to 1974. There is some good stuff. I particularly enjoy Come On Into My Kitchen as I used to work in the food service industry. Here is another interesting tune, My Dark Hour. You don't have to listen too carefully to pick up the Fly Like an Eagle riff about ten years before that song would be recorded. I guess it is okay to steal from your own songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBD7edIADDs

No comments:

Post a Comment