Saturday, September 5, 2015

On The Hunt by Lynyrd Skynyrd (1975)


I really do love Lynyrd Skynyrd. They were the absolute best Southern Rock band(Sorry Allman Brothers). I got into them early, during my classic rock radio phase. I ended up buying a bunch of their cassettes and found the music that wasn't played on the radio was just as good as the songs that were gracing the airwaves.

When thinking of this blog post, I was considering two Skynyrd songs. (The runner up was Don't Ask Me No Questions). However, I ended up with On the Hunt because of a distinct personal memory of the song. I was in high school and my mother insisted that I go away for the weekend with her to Good Harbor Beach in Gloucester, MA. It's a very nice place, but as a restless teen, I was bored spending a weekend in a motel with Mom. I remember taking the car by myself to some random convenient store by the beach to buy some magazines or something. My mother's car radio was broken, so I had my boombox sitting in the front seat and I was cranking Lynyrd Skynyrd's Gold & Platinum compilation tape. I remember just sitting in the car listening to On The Hunt with the windows rolled down thinking I was cool.  Enjoy this classic tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_LiWFJY_a8

No comments:

Post a Comment