Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Connection by Elastica (1995)


By the mid-90's, in a post grunge world, I remember searching for the next big thing. I was no longer beholden to classic rock and now believed that modern times had the capability to produce quality rock n' roll. And, for a while, this held to be true.

One of the new bands that I started listening to was Elastica. I remember hearing this English band on the radio and rushing out to buy the CD. I played the self-titled debut in constant rotation for a few months. I remember being disappointed that they didn't seem to come up with a follow-up. Apparently, there was some exhaustion and lineup turmoil in the ensuing years. By 2001, they called it quits.

Here they are with a video of one of their bigger hits, Connection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilKcXIFi-Rc

No comments:

Post a Comment