Thursday, September 24, 2015

Here I Am, I Always Am by Captain Beefheart (1966)


Captain Beefheart is, admittedly, an acquired taste. Over the last three decades, I've tried to get into his music on a few occasions, but I wasn't ready. Finally, about two years ago, I started listening to him again when I downloaded the extended sessions for Sun Zoom Spark. I was blown away by the music on that release and listened to nothing else for days. I have since taken a dive into other parts of the Captain's discography.

I could have picked from about a hundred tracks to be featured in this space, as most of his work is under appreciated. I ended up selecting a song that is a bit more easy to listen to for a Captain Beefheart novice. It also give me chills. It was also a song that was shelved for eighteen years, having been recorded in 1966 but not released until 1984.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIuAmzTPdYY

No comments:

Post a Comment