Tuesday, September 15, 2015

I Can't Take It by Badfinger (1970)


When I was a teenager I was in love with the Beatles(I mean head over heels). As such, in addition to gobbling up all of their albums(CDs), I also read a bunch of books about the band. When I read these books, I learned a bit about their record company, Apple. I knew that the first outside band signed to Apple was Badfinger. I also knew that Badfinger's big hit, Come and Get It, was written by Paul McCartney. So, I ended up knowing a couple of Badfinger songs due to my love of the Beatles. That would be all that I knew about Badfinger for a few decades.

Digging into their catalog a little deeper, I'm realizing that this was a really good pop rock band. For me, the key to being a good pop rock band is to be a little more rock than pop. Here is a good example of that from their second album, 1970's No Dice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyNnEZiy2_4

No comments:

Post a Comment