Monday, July 13, 2015

Wheels of Steel by Saxon (1982)


Back in the 80's, as a teenager, I was surprisingly not into Metal. I was in the process of discovering the Beatles, the Stones, etc... and didn't get into the heavier stuff. I was not completely to blame, though. There were a lot of awful hair metal bands during my high school days(Yeah, I'm looking at you, Warrant). My mistake was to lump them all together by appearance.

Therefore, it wasn't until years later that I started to appreciate quality metal bands. Here is a British heavy metal band cut from the Judas Priest cloth. Check out a live version of one of their biggest tunes, Wheels of Steel. For the first five seconds or so, it sounds like they're getting ready to go into Baba O'Riley. Fear not, though, they don't...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74HVHNdYxuw

No comments:

Post a Comment