Saturday, July 4, 2015

U.S. Blues by the Grateful Dead (1980)



Full Disclosure; I am a Deadhead. The Grateful Dead are, by a large margin, my favorite band. There have been a few full years where I have listened to nothing else. I have stayed away from featuring the band in this space as I am trying not to repeat bands; and picking the one favorite Dead tune that I would want to share is challenging for me personally.

So, I'm going to punt on that responsibility and merely showcase a song that fits just exactly perfectly into the 4th of July. Add to that the fact the the surviving members of the band are getting together one last time this weekend in Chicago, and today had to be the day.

There are better versions of U.S. Blues than the 1980 version from Radio City Music Hall that I am linking here, but the video of Jerry is pretty good. And it's all about Jerry.

"Wave that flag, wave it wide and high"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uB_25Boz7o

No comments:

Post a Comment