Friday, July 10, 2015

Something You Got by The Moody Blues (1965)


Despite their awesome album covers and psych/proggy themes, for some reason I've never been able to find a song that I really like by the Moody Blues. Maybe the music is too tame or didn't have the right beat for me. In any case, I know that a lot of people love this band, so I spent more time that was warranted to find at least one song that I really could get into.

I had to dig back into their really early stuff, but finally found this track. I think that the key reason I like this track is that it doesn't really sound like later stuff released by the band. Here, back in 1965, the band is still searching for their signature sound. On "Something You Got", the band experiments with a soulful sound and it works. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrMQUDx3NmI

No comments:

Post a Comment