Wednesday, June 10, 2015

This Ain't No Saturday Night by Quintaine Americana (1998)


It was sometime in my mid to late twenties when I made the decision that I should try seeing bands live in a club. I'd seen a lot of the big classic rock bands and some current headliners in big arenas or stadiums, but I was always hundreds of yards away with 15,000 of my closest friends. I wanted to experience live music on a more intimate level. I started listening to the Boston Emissions Sunday night radio show on WBCN. I also listened to a bunch of college radio stations. It opened my ears to music I otherwise would not have come across.

I then started to going to club shows in the Boston area. These included The Paradise, TT's, Mama Kin, and most importanly, The Middle East in Cambridge. Here I saw a number of really good live shows from little known bands that I would then start getting into. One of those bands, Quintaine Americana, came on stage one night in the late 90's and played some heavy dirtbag rock. I loved the experience and would see those guys a few more times.

This tune, from 1998's Decade of the Brain, stands out the most for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwmNyPbfqqc

No comments:

Post a Comment