Friday, June 5, 2015

Means to an End by Traffic (1968)


My first exposure to Steve Winwood was in the mid 80's when the popular "Higher Love" was flooding the radio airwaves. Even as a novice listener, I realized that that song was crap. I couldn't stand it and anything that Winwood released subsequent to 'Higher Love'. Therefore, I had no interest in discovering his earlier music. It wasn't until a few years later that I discovered Blind Faith's Can't Find My Home and thought that maybe Winwood wasn't so bad.

Still, I didn't really discover the best work he ever did, with Traffic, until I was in my 30's. And what a collection of great rock music it was. This music has feeling. Winwood also had a distinct, powerful voice that I thoroughly enjoy.

Check out this shorter number from Traffic's second album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgfk_CmbfHs

No comments:

Post a Comment