Saturday, June 6, 2015

Hot Pants by Alan Parker & Alan Hawkshaw (1972)


I discovered the music of Alan Hawkshaw a few years ago. I was listening to some college radio. It was probably WMBR in Cambridge, MA. In any case, I was starting to like the music that the deejay was talking over in between songs, more than the songs he was playing. I eventually found out that some of this music was by an English musician who produced a lot of advertising background music in the late 60's and early 70's. I then downloaded a ton of stuff(almost all of it instrumental). It is great mood music.

I don't know much about Hawkshaw's partner, Alan Parker, on this song. I did find out that he was a session guitarist most notably playing guitar on Donovan's Hurdy Gurdy Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FIl_J5sI3A

No comments:

Post a Comment