Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sway by the Rolling Stones (1971)


Writing this song-of-the-day blog, I have been careful, so far, not to repeat any bands. I don't intend to do this for a good while more, either. So, when I am thinking about picking a song from an iconic band like the Stones, I weigh my song choice carefully.  Truth be told, there are probably fifteen or so "unheralded" Stones songs that I was considering for a blog post.

So, I have decided to "punt" on my decision and use the fact that Stones are now playing their 1971 classic album Sticky Fingers in its entirety in their latest tour. Even this album probably has two or three songs that could be considered "underplayed".

Listening to this song, Sway, I am reminded of how great the Stones were at their peak with Mick Taylor on lead guitar. I keep wishing that the song didn't fade out at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ8Bc6jz-W8

No comments:

Post a Comment