Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Rollin' My Stone by Manassas (1973)


Largely known as Stephen Stills early 70's side project, Manassas sounds more like a more guitar-driven version of CSNY with fewer harmonies. To me, this band is more interesting than a lot of what CSN/CSNY was recording at the time, and I consider myself a fan of that super group.

Manassas was a bit of a super group in its own right with supporting cast Chris Hillman(Byrds, Flying Burrito Brothers), and Al Perkins(Flying Burrito Brothers). The band also featured Dallas Taylor on drums, who just died this January.

While Manassas' first self titled album from 1972 was critically well-received, their followup, Down the Road, was not. I don't know. I still like it. Check out the final track from that album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9WD_IZ8Oa0

No comments:

Post a Comment