Sunday, March 22, 2015

Hot Smoke & Sassafras by Bubble Puppy (1969)




In the 80's, as a teenager, I can remember watching commercials for compilation CDs or Cassettes for various rock genres. There was Soft Rock of the Seventies, Biggest Hits of the 60's, etc...My favorite, though, was the Best of the Psychedelic 60's(or some such title). I liked it because of the goofy flower power band names like the Strawberry Alarm Clock and the Chocolate Watchband. The goofiest name, for me, was Bubble Puppy. I always got a laugh out of seeing that name scrolling down my tv screen.

It wasn't until very recently, though, that I took the time to listen to any music from Bubble Puppy. I stumbled across this minor hit from the Austin, Texas band. It's got a good groove(not at all what I had expected). If you can forgive the silly lyrics sung in harmony, it's not a bad tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_otNCZ5T2o

No comments:

Post a Comment