Sunday, September 17, 2017

Interstellar Overdrive by Pink Floyd (1967)



For my 1,000th consecutive daily post, I figured I'd feature a track of one of rock's heavy hitters. And why not? Despite their popularity in the rock world, there is still a ton of music they created that is largely unknown by the general listening audience. Like most rock fans growing up in the 80's, I was exposed to Pink Floyd through classic rock radio. This often meant that I became overly familiar with songs from The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon, and Wish You Were Here. These are all great albums, albeit overplayed. Today, let's reach back to their first album, Piper at the Gates of Dawn,  for a 9-minute plus track showed how this band was firing on all cylinders even early in their career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o2sA0vpA-4

No comments:

Post a Comment