Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Hey Joe by Wicked Lady (1981)



This recent Dangerous Minds article turned me onto this late 70's/early 80's Dutch garage glam band, not to be confused with the proto-metal band of the same name that was previously featured in this space. Apparently, that is not a hard mistake to make as I myself pulled the photo of the today's Wicked Lady when I created the video for that post back in early 2016. Oy, egg on my face. In any case, as compelling as today's song is, the grainy black and white video is equally interesting. You or I were never this cool....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezWVCBDWfaU

5 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Thanks for the tunes, and here's to you continuing!
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I enjoy writing it. Today's song is probably my favorite of the last couple of months!

      Delete
    2. Hey Shane, still going thru your archives, have found some stuff that I've never heard, fred banana combo, cam pact, awesome.
      Willing to let me email you some links of tunes I've found in my Internet travels? If so I'll include my email in a follow up reply.
      Tune pen-pals as it were.
      Cheers, Jeff

      Delete
  2. Sure Jeff. I'm always looking into finding new music I can get into. I can't promise that the links you send will turn into blog posts, as I'm pretty particular about only featuring songs that I really like. That said, feel free to forward along. I'd bet there are bands/songs we mutually enjoy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shane, sweet. Of course, your blog is your blog, only sharing for your possible enjoyment.
    Identikon@gmail.com
    I've got a couple lined up already, whoop!

    ReplyDelete