Sunday, September 17, 2017

Deep Rock Mining Posting Data by Year of Release



"Hey wait, this isn't a song, why am I even here?" you might be thinking. Well, after 1,000 music posts, I figured that I'd do some very minor statistical analysis about the years in rock that have the greatest amount of underappreciated tunes. Of course, this is all based on my humble opinion. Not surprisingly, 1969 and 1970 were tops in this list, followed by '71 and '72. I kind of expected this. I was not expecting that 1978 would be next on the list, though. This is likely the combination of punk and post-punk coming to the fore. 

Other Notes: The late 80's were a pretty dark time with a small upsurge in the mid 90's. 2014 was also a strong year, but that is likely to "recent period bias". In other words, if I were coming up with this list ten years from now, would 2014 stand out so much? Probably not. 

Okay, enough borax out of me. Back to the music tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment