Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Elevator Operator by Courtney Barnett (2015)



The other day, I found myself watching Saturday Night Live because Fred Armisen...It was one of the best shows of the season, but what stuck with me the most was the musical guest, Courtney Barnett. This Australian twenty-something and her band played some honest straight ahead rock n roll on a stage usually reserved for pop acts putting on a "performance". Here is a link to an article about Courtney's SNL appearance. So, I went out and downloaded her most recent LP. It's a slam dunk. It reminds me of the Arctic Monkeys first release.

Here she is live with a stripped-down version of the first track off of her debut long player, Sometimes I Sit And Think and Sometimes I Just Sit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa1uup8n0OQ

No comments:

Post a Comment