Wednesday, May 11, 2016

1,000 Years by The Corin Tucker Band (2010)



By the Spring of 1998, I was over my all encompassing infatuation with 60's bands, and had started to immerse myself in the rock band club scene. I enjoyed the energy of seeing lesser-known bands up close and personal, over seeing the big classic rock bands in arenas and stadiums. It was around this time that I made my way into the Middle East downstairs in Cambridge, Mass to see a powerful young band from the Northwest, Sleater Kinney. They were opening for local favorites, Helium. After S-K's blistering performance, I remember going to the back of the room to buy some swag. The band's lead singer, Corin Tucker, was casually signing autographs for those that requested them. I didn't have anything in particular for her to sign, so I just pulled out a dollar bill. Pausing only a moment, Corin signed it "A Fool and His Money...Corin". I thought that was pretty cool.

Here she is from 22 years later with her band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8guicnCAyt8

No comments:

Post a Comment