Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Slicker Drips by the White Stripes (1999)


I remember 31-year old me driving home from running errands one day and being blown away by a song that I just heard on the radio. I had to wait another day or two to hear it again. This time, I found out that the name of the song with Fell in Love with a Girl and the band was the White Stripes. This was the kind of raw sound my ears had been searching for since Nirvana crashed and burned. Once I found out that this band was a two piece, I was even more intrigued. This sent me on a three year jag where the Stripes were my favorite band. Of course, all good things come to an end. The Stripes didn't so much burn out as much as just slowing down and calling it quits. I moved on to other musical infatuations.

Here is a song that is lesser known, but still emblematic of their sound.

http://deeprockmining.blogspot.com/2015/01/dont-need-your-lovin-by-chocolate.html

No comments:

Post a Comment