Saturday, January 3, 2015

Juke Box Music by the Kinks (1977)



As a 6-year old, I think I have some vague recollections of this song when it was released. It must have been simple enough for my 1st grade ears to enjoy. However, this tune seemed to be mostly skipped when the classic rock radio craze of the 80's began. In my teenage years, if I was forced to name all of the Kink's songs that I knew, it would be something like this:

You Really Got Me
All Day and All of the Night
Lola
Ape Man
Low Budget
Destroyer(maybe)

Over the years, as I explore more of the Kinks' music, it always amazes me how underrated this band is. When I was first getting into classic rock, I compared them to the Beatles, Stones, and the Who because they were from England and came up during the British Invasion. In retrospect, that probably wasn't fair. The Kinks released 24 studio albums over a thirty-year period. Quite frankly, I'm still working my way through their rich catalog.

I gave this song from the Sleepwalker album a new listen a couple of months ago, and I had this song in my head for two days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqc0F3Ear9M

No comments:

Post a Comment