Wednesday, June 12, 2019

N.S.U. by Cream (1968)



I may never reconcile the fact that the guitarist who quit the Yardbirds because they were selling out(by recording For Your Love) was the same guitarist who recorded Wonderful Tonight and a string of other MOR records a mere decade later. That paradox aside, Eric Clapton was one of the best blues rock guitarists for a stretch in the late sixties/early seventies. Of course, with Cream, he was helped out by master class musicians Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce. It just worked. I remember hearing short studio songs by Cream on classic rock radio, such as Strange Brew and Sunshine of Your Love, but it wasn't til I heard some of their live stuff listening to late night radio that I really heard the band playing at the next level. I couldn't end this daily blog without a day dedicated to one of those masterful jams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment