Thursday, June 6, 2019

Hand of Doom by Black Sabbath (1970)



[Note for Readers: As I've been posting daily song of the day blog updates for the last few years without repeating artists(save David Bowie on the occasion of his untimely passing), I feel it's almost time to retire the format. Over the coming two weeks, I will wind down the format by featuring some tracks/artists that I've been meaning to get around to. After a break, I will return with a less frequent, but more in-depth articles featuring(you guessed it) underserved rock n' roll. And what a better way to kickoff the long goodbye to this format that with Black Sabbath, the greatest hard rock band of all time.]

So, back in high school in the 80's, I became aware of Black Sabbath for the first time. As I was just getting into the Beatles at the time, this music was much too heavy for my liking. Also, someone told me that they were devil worshippers. I believed that and disregarded the band as stupid and immature. It would be a few years later that I would finally hear Black Sabbath in the appropriate setting(loud in a rock club). From there, my opinion began to slowly to change, morphing all the way to a band that I hold in the highest esteem at this point. I could have selected just about any song, but I defaulted to earlier stuff, as is my custom. So, here they are from their sophomore effort, Paranoid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment