Friday, December 11, 2015

On My Nerves by Social Distortion (1988)




Recently, I wrote about the group Mountain and the fact that while I knew and loved one of their songs, I never made the leap to purchase any of their music. The same is true for Social Distortion. Back in the 90's, "alternative" rock stations would only play one song by Social D. That song was Ball and Chain.(Of course, as I'm writing this, I remember The Story of My Life getting some airplay, but I hated that tune, so I'm ignoring it).

Only recently, I stumbled across this song while flipping the satellite radio dial. It sounded great and as soon as I heard the vocal, I knew it was Mike Ness and Social Distortion. I ended up downloading this song and the rest of their 1988 release, Prison Bound. Truth be told, I wasn't terribly excited about the other tunes on that LP. Still, On My Nerves is an instant classic for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTqXCXTjj84

No comments:

Post a Comment