Sunday, December 20, 2015

Don't Wanna Lose by Ex Hex (2014)


In my imagined musical landscape, Ex Hex would be at the top of the pop charts. For this is how I would like pop rock to sound like. Unfortunately, when I wake up from this daydream, I'm returned to a world of Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, and today's Country stars.

Ex Hex is, of course, Mary Timony's latest band. Before this, she was in Wild Flag with Carrie Brownstein. And before that she was in Helium. That's when I saw her perform live on the same mid-90's bill with Sleater Kinney at the Middle East in Cambridge, Mass.

In any case, here is the official music video for Don't Wanna Lose. For some reason, the audio and video tracks on the video are a bit off. Despite that distraction, enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSXZe1C6kw8

No comments:

Post a Comment