Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Everlasting First by Love (1970)


Over the years, I've read about Arthur Lee's Love and their influence on the psych rock scene and rock in general. However, whenever I've tried to get into them, I've found their sound a little soft for my liking. The band's self-titled debut and 1967's Forever Changes were good for background mood music, but not for intense headphone listening. Or so that was my initial perception.

I guess that I ultimately needed to be drawn into more of their catalog due to their later collaborations with Jimi Hendrix. Here, on Love's sixth album, Hendrix guests on this opening track and makes his presence know with his distinctive lead guitar. In fact, this song opened the door for me to listen to Love's other work more intently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6qPocCekJE

No comments:

Post a Comment