Saturday, October 24, 2015

Satisfaction by Otis Redding (1966)


Otis Redding was the King of Soul. No doubt about it. When I was young, I always loved Dock of the Bay. I just thought that song was about as good as it gets. But, it didn't really give me an accurate picture of the energy that Otis could bring to a song. It wasn't until years later when I discovered his live performances that I really appreciated his work.

To think that he was able to put so much energy into these performances while wearing a suit! Many musicians claim that they "leave it all on the stage". That statement is more true for Otis that probably anyone else...

The link below actually goes to Otis' 1967 Monterey Pop version of Satisfaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvtbiHYa-LI

No comments:

Post a Comment