Friday, October 2, 2015

Mother Freedom by Bread (1971)


As a used record store crate digger and yard sale scavenger, Bread is often the bane of my existence on Saturday mornings. I mean there is a certain level of disappointment when you see a stack of vinyl at some garage sale only to see that it is filled with likes of Bread, Anne Murray, and Neil Diamond.

Bread had a string of "soft rock" hits in the 70's including "Baby, I'm a Want You" and "The Guitar Man", among others. I am not a fan. However, like many bands, there are some redeeming qualities if you choose to dig deep enough.

Here we have a single from 1971, a year before their first #1 Adult Contemporary hit. I'm not sure that I like this song on its own or if it was just really rockin' for a Bread song. You decide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRNe04kw3Cg

No comments:

Post a Comment