Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Rocker by Thin Lizzy (1973)




I recently heard this song for the first time and it was the inspiration to finally start a blog about hidden rock gems. I mean, how did I not know about this song? Well, actually I do know why. I was a teenager in the mid-1980's. Naturally, the popular music of the time left a lot to be desired both musically and stylistically. Having limited funds and limited knowledge, I just gravitated over to the newly popular "Classic Rock" stations broadcasting in the Boston area(Yeah, I'm looking at you WZLX and WCGY). I found great music from the 60's and 70's that gave me more joy than I knew music could provide. This was a terrific enlightenment for me. However, in a couple of years, it seemed like I heard all that there was to hear. I knew all three songs that Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zeppelin, and the Who each recorded. I knew all ten songs that the Beatles made. If only they made more music...

Well, of course, they did make more music and not to mention all of the lesser known bands musical output that did not make the classic rock radio station playlists of the 80's.

In any case, enjoy this tune from Thin Lizzy and seek it out in better quality to really get the most out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsD7VWZxjbk

No comments:

Post a Comment