Friday, August 21, 2015

Peace Frog by The Doors (1970)




These days, it is definitely not cool to like the Doors. It is a "go-to" band for hipsters to reference when making fun of dorks who like classic rock. Even a lot of musicians of the the classic rock era don't have many nice things to say about the Doors(I'm looking at you David Crosby) Even my hero, Jerry Garcia, made a point of expressing his disdain for the music of the Doors. Maybe the lack of fondness for the band has to do with Jim Morrison's drunken obnoxiousness or his self-proclaimed status as a "poet" instead of a songwriter. I'm sure it all contributed.

For me, though, they created some great music. Beyond the big hits, there were a lot of great tunes. My favorite is represented here off of the band's fourth album. The intro to this song is as distinct as Satisfaction to my ears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRJKOtM-onM

No comments:

Post a Comment