Sunday, August 30, 2015

I Think She Likes Me by Treat Her Right (1986)



As mentioned before in this space, my teen years in the 80's were spent primarily listening to classic rock radio stations. My knowledge of then current bands was limited to what MTV was playing. That said, there were some exceptions. Living in the Boston area, I did get to hear some local bands that got occasional airplay on  the pseudo-classic rock stations. 

Treat Her Right, Mark Sandman's pre-Morphine band, was one of those groups getting some airplay. I remember hearing this song and thinking that there was nothing similar to it on the radio. I immediately went out to Caldor's or Strawberries and picked up the cassette. I remember playing that tape constantly for weeks.

"I Think She Likes Me" is just a classic rock n' roll message delivered in a lo-fi bluesy way.

No comments:

Post a Comment