Monday, August 3, 2015

Ca Plane Pour Moi by Thee Headcoatees (1997)


In the early 2000's, I was a big White Stripes fan. Enough so, that I bought all of their CDs up through the then current release of White Blood Cells. I then purchased 2003's Elephant as soon as it was released. I remember listening to that entire album and loving each song as I heard it for the first time. The last track on that album, "It's True that We Love Each Other", was a quirkly little number that featured singing from Jack and Meg White, along with someone named Holly.

I immediately had to find out more about this Holly. Of course, now I know that was Holly Golightly, formerly of Thee Headcoatees, which formerly backed up Billy Childish's Thee Headcoats. I went and downloaded a bunch of Headcoatees songs and discovered this kickass garage band of the 90's.

Here finds the band in 1997 covering Plastic Bertrand's classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyKCXAN7EyM

No comments:

Post a Comment