Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Reverse Lion by Yello (1980)



A couple of weeks ago, on a cool Saturday morning, I was sifting through a box of records at a yard sale in my town. As I went through the usual yard sale fare(Tattoo You, Four Way Street, The Stranger, and about a hundred others), I stumbled upon two colorful LP's that I was unfamiliar with. So, I bought the collection. Later, online, I checked out these colorful LPs that were by a group called Yello. They were definitely the most valuable of the bunch. Yello was a Swiss electronic band that made some really interesting music in the early 80's. Many of their songs are shorter, and today's song of the day selection certainly is on the shorter side. I encourage you to check out more of their work, if you like the style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sp1opEkHJw

No comments:

Post a Comment