Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Thumbnail Screwdriver by Quill (1970)




This last weekend, while leafing through a box of mostly beat records that I bought off of someone who was ready to discard them, I found this self-titled album from the band Quill. It looked psychedelic enough, so I didn't immediately put it in the recycled pile along with all of the Barbra Streisand lp's in the same lot.

Once I was able to dig up some information, I found that it is a relatively rare album and that the band was from Boston. The most interesting fact, though, was that they appeared at Woodstock! Unfortunately, for the band, their performance did not make the cut for the movie. After that was determined, the band's record label dropped them. After that, the band soon called it quits. Here is the opening track off of that only album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJB1IS-yLpA



No comments:

Post a Comment