Thursday, April 28, 2016

Sharon by David Bromberg (1972)



While I enjoy most types of music, when done well, I am not particularly fond of folk music. I think there is something about the homogeneous nature of the music that bores me. Maybe I just need to dive deeper into the genre. Anyway, this aversion to folk has steered me clear of many artists primarily known for it.

This is the case with David Bromberg. It just so happened that I heard this song on satellite radio as I was randomly flipping around. This song is definitely not folk, and probably not too indicative of Bromberg's other work. Still, the guitar hook on this song was immediately recognizable as the one that the Beastie Boys' sampled on Johnny Ryall for their seminal Paul's Boutique album. I could listen to that riff all day long. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZJdMzkY_C4

No comments:

Post a Comment