Monday, February 1, 2016

Pretty Machines by Parkay Quarts (2014)




My journey through posting a song of the day for each of the last four hundred or so days has been rewarding for me in a number of ways. Not the least of which is that it allowed me to break apart a self-constructed myth that all of today's music is garbage. While I always knew that there were still a few good bands, the number of those bands is much higher than I had thought. You just won't find them by casually flipping on the radio.

Today's band is a perfect example. Parkay Quarts is a slight offshoot of Parquet Courts featuring music from the latter band's two guitarists. To me, this tune reminds me of both Television and the Velvet Underground. Not too bad for current music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCPByfK8YKI

No comments:

Post a Comment