Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Trailer Ras by Long Beach Dub Allstars (1999)


I was a big fan of Sublime during their existence. I discovered their music when Date Rape started getting some airplay in the early Nineties. I then was blown away by their self-titled 1996 release which came right after lead singer/guitarist Bradley's Nowell's deadly overdose.

I, like many, were not ready to give up on Sublime's unique sound. Therefore, I was excited, if not optimistic when the surviving members of Sublime formed Long Beach Dub Allstars shortly after Bradley died. While this band only lasted a few years, they have some good tunes. Here is a song that sound like it is right out of the Sublime soundbook(More than any Foo Fighters song sounded like Nirvana).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hLGhn3LHkQ

No comments:

Post a Comment