Friday, May 1, 2015

No Suprize by Aerosmith (1979)


When I was about 14 years old, my group of friends had one kid that was 16. He also got the use of a his parent's stationwagon on a regular basis. This meant that we all now had mobility. Mobility meant freedom. We would drive around in the afternoon and evening having fun and causing trouble. It was a blast! And the soundtrack for these times was Aerosmith's Greatest Hits on cassette, proudly cranked loud. It didn't take long before we all knew every song back and forth; from Walk This Way to Back in the Saddle. These days, I'm not much a fan of Greatest Hits collections in general, but this one has nostalgic value for me.

I would eventually move past the Greatest Hits and dive into Aerosmith's entire collection(through the early 80's, that is). Here is a track from their 1979 Night in the Ruts album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlLSHWlilA4

No comments:

Post a Comment