Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Mess I'm In by Thee Fine Lines (2004)


In 2005, on the day after Christmas, I found myself in my car, fighting the cold outside, fumbling around with my new Sirius radio that I got for Christmas. See, I was a fan of the Howard Stern show and he was moving his show to Sirius in January of 2006. As a result, there was no mistaking what I wanted for Christmas.

Once I managed to install the radio, which looked like 1980's era radar detector, I started flipping around the music channels to see what was available. One of the first stations that I came across was playing this very tune. I knew right then that this was going to thoroughly enjoy this gift.

Thee Fine Lines were(are) a raw sounding garage band from Springfield, Missouri. Something about this straight-ahead garage rock song just hits the spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PvCuQu8Bks

No comments:

Post a Comment