Saturday, February 14, 2015

Fire and Water by Free (1970)


Man, was Free underrated or what? I love this short-lived band. In the mid-eighties, as I was immersing myself into classic rock for the first time, "All Right Now" was my favorite song for about a year. In fact, I even declared to some high school classmates that it was the greatest rock n' roll song ever recorded. At least I was genuine in my naivete...

Of course, it took me a few years to find any other music by Free, as there weren't many Free albums for sale at Strawberries in 1985. As I listen to the band more nowadays, I am impressed by Paul Kossoff's guitar style. It's a shame that he would die of a heroin-related heart attack at the age of 25.

Here is another track off the same album that produced All Right Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMcVxWtELj0

No comments:

Post a Comment