Saturday, April 20, 2019

Long Tall Sally by Led Zeppelin (1970)



Alright, it took me almost 1600 daily posts, but I'm finally getting around to Led Zeppelin. Nineteen year old me would be shocked, as I was madly in love with the band at that point in my life. They seemed to be the link between older blues/early rock n roll and hard rock/heavy metal. As I got older, though, my interest in the band's music would wane. This was due to their music being overplayed on rock radio and the fact that they repeatedly borrowed other musician's work without proper accreditation.

Still, when they were good, they were great.  I thought of featuring a track from Physical Graffiti, my favorite of their studio albums(perhaps Custard Pie or Sick Again), but ultimately decided to feature what I loved most about the band, their early live energy. Jimmy Page truly sounds gacked out for this January 7th, 1970 gig at the Royal Albert Hall covering the Little Richard classic. The link below actually includes film of the unedited performance(which has some soundboard issues). Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DftQYxA_OtQ

No comments:

Post a Comment