Sunday, December 31, 2017

Down Payment Blues by AC/DC (1978)



I remember first hearing AC/DC in grammar school. A few of my classmates(Bill, Ricky, and Dan) would listen to Highway to Hell and Back in Black constantly. For me, I didn't get it. I guess I wasn't old enough yet to appreciate the guttural riffs of the band. By high school, though, I had come around to enjoying their music to a degree and then that exploded in college. I remember hearing the rest of the band's catalog in my those years. I took a particular shine to the band's 1978 album, Powerage. I like the big riffs of What's Next to the Moon, the breakneck speed of Riff Raff and the full rock n roll lyrical package of Gimme a Bullet. But, I always held a special place for their epic blues lament, Down Payment Blues. So here it is. RIP Malcolm Young.

[Original video taken down. Live version replaced here]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jtBG0kvjJ4

No comments:

Post a Comment