Friday, November 24, 2017

Pink Moon by Nick Drake (1972)



Last month, at a yard sale, I picked up a box of albums with some standard selections, including Elvis Costello, Steely Dan, and Bruce Springsteen. There were also three records by an artist, Nick Drake, who I hadn't heard of. So, when I get home to research the records, I am floored to see that these Nick Drake LPs are worth much more than any of the others. That led me to put the record on the turntable and I'm glad I did. This is some quality music.

Now, I don't usually feature slower music or folk in this space, but today is an exception. Here is the title track to Nick's third and final LP. Just two years after it's release, he would tragically take his own life in England.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjtKty30iKU&feature=youtu.be


1 comment:

  1. Great find! Nick Drake is definitely an exception to the usual "folk" music lexicon.

    ReplyDelete