Friday, July 14, 2017

Switch 625 by Def Leppard (1981)



When I was 12 years old and new to the powers of MTV, there was no bigger band to me that Def Leppard. This band released a power trio of videos from their recent Pyromania record(Photograph, Rock of Ages, and F-f-f-foolin'). This band could do no wrong. Unfortunately, by the time I was 13, MTV had played these videos into submission and I had had enough. My musical interests shifted to more classic rock and I didn't give much of a thought to Def Leppard for years. Of course, like most bands, I eventually discovered that their earlier stuff might be there best. Here they are off of their second album, High n' Dry, which is the album that preceded Pyromania, with an instrumental track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2R1d5Ye6SQ

No comments:

Post a Comment