Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Kitty's Back by Bruce Springsteen (1973)



Back in about 2003, I finally ticked off a bucket list item by attending my first Bruce Springsteen concert(at the Boston Garden). It was everything that I was told it would be. Bruce was/is a great performer, he and the band gave it all they had, and one definitely got their money's worth as the band played for three and a half hours. That said, only being the most casual of Bruce fans going into the show, I felt like I was at my older brother's party. I was happy that I was there, but didn't quite get all the jokes. So, while it was a fun time, the experience didn't launch me into being a bigger fan. A few years later, I started digging into Bruce's catalog a little deeper and there are some gems that sound like Bruce, but then again don't. See if you can understand what I'm rambling on about. Here is Bruce from his first album with a stretched out tune with a lot of organ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q66i8r8Jt8c

No comments:

Post a Comment