Sunday, January 22, 2017

Wild Flower by The Cult (1987)



In the summer after my sophomore year of high school, I got my first real part time job working as a stockboy/cashier at a store that sold greeting cards and magazines (I know, not exactly a backbreaking tale of woe, but it was the 80's). I got paid around $4/hour and I slowly started to save some money. By the Spring of the following year, I managed to save about $450. I figured that this was enough to buy what I had been saving for. So, I got my mom to drive me over to the nearest Lechmere and I bought a Sony receiver, CD player, tape player, and some Acoustic Research speakers after being upsold by the suave twentysomething year old sales guy with a mustache.

After getting all of these boxes home, and about three hours of set up, I was ready to play my first CD in the new system. So, I popped in The Cult's phenomenal new album Electric, turned up the volume, and stuck my head between my two new speakers. And this is what I heard...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_FxxRTiiKE

No comments:

Post a Comment