Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Holy Wars...The Punishment Due by Megadeth (1990)


I was never a big speed metal fan back in the day. In the 80's, I was into 60's music and by the 90's, I went straight into being a grunge fan. Over the years, however, I did start to gain an appreciation for some of the speed metal greats. Specifically, I bought all of Metallica's stuff through And Justice For All and bought the early Slayer albums. I never really experimented too much with Megadeth because, quite frankly, I didn't care for Dave Mustaine's vocals.

Recently, though, I saw a funny Onion article espousing, tongue-in-cheek, the artistic merits of Megadeth's 1990 album, Rust In Peace. With some subsequent encouragement from a friend, I decided to download the album and I thought it was great. Check out the opening track...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d4ui9q7eDM

No comments:

Post a Comment