Thursday, May 14, 2015

Hard Miseree by Iron Butterfly (1975)


It's hard for me to call Iron Butterfly a "one-hit wonder", as I think that they put out a lot of great music in their day. However, to the average music listener, this is largely the case. That song, In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida of course, was quite a feat though. Imagine today that a relatively unknown band could score a hit with a 17+ minute organ filled opus. And what a song it is. Being a child of the 80's, my primary association with song is from Michael Mann's Manhunter movie..

As for Iron Butterfly, they broke up in 1970 only to reunite in 1974. They did so without lead singer and organist Doug Ingle. I can imagine that the sound of the band would be considerably different as they were known for their distinct organ and vocals. Sure enough, the band did sound different. But, I still like it. Here is a track from their 1975 album, Scorching Beauty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-nrrHbYndc

No comments:

Post a Comment